Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas 2010


we are going to my husband hometown this week so i've finished my christmas baking earlier. I had to bake gingerbread and cupcakes to deliver a week before christmas.



I baked 1.5 recipe of gingerbread recipe from BBC Good Food, cut out 20 star shaped cookies using Wilton cookie tree cutter, pipe some sugar glaze ornaments, stacked them to form a christmas tree and then top with a fondant white star. I also baked 4 gingerbreadman out of the left over batter and ice them with white fondant.


Then I made 50 chocolate cupcakes, top half of them with Karen Davies snowman fondant. I really love KD's moulds, they are so cute and very easy to use.


And I put fondant trees for the other half. I spread different shape and tone of blue fondant ball over a rolled out white fondant, then cut out triangles, insert a toothpick and let them overnight. Finish the cupcakes with a buttercream swirl and insert a tree, then I have a simply stunning christmas tree cupcakes.